The XFL has officially unveiled their game balls ahead of the inaugural 2020 season, which kicks off in February.
Check them out here:
If you’d like to buy one of these balls, they’re available for purchase at shop.xfl.com for $125. The XFL announced the following details regarding the new game balls.
Stamford, Conn., Nov. 25, 2019 – Two distinctive features make the XFL’s official football stand apart from any in sports. The XFL game ball comes in eight custom looks to match each team’s primary color scheme and is distinguished by the following:
- The points of each football are wrapped with ‘X’ marks in white and the team’s primary color. This design allows receivers to track the ball easily.
- Patent-pending, “X-Pebble” grip technology will help players control the ball with a feel that enables a tight spin on throws, and also allows ball carriers to enhance their ball security.
The XFL spent the past year developing the game ball with a football manufacturer Team Issue in Dallas. The first version was tested with players on the field during the XFL’s work with The Spring League this past April. Based on feedback from quarterbacks and receivers, adjustments were made and updated versions of the ball were tested over a 10-week period at each XFL Summer Showcase. Then, after additional feedback from players was received and hours of tape were watched and analyzed, final adjustments were made and the final ball production began in September.
Each version of the XFL game ball will start to see action on the field next month when XFL mini-camps open up across the league. The XFL game ball is also now available for purchase at XFL.com. Season tickets and single-game tickets are also available now at www.xfl.com/tickets.
XFL Official Ball Details:
- Design and Production Partner: Team Issue (Dallas, TX)
- Size: Standard professional football size
- Texture: Patent-pending, “X-Pebble” exterior grip technology
- Game Usage: In every XFL game, the team on offense will use the ball featuring their team’s custom look and color scheme
- Dimensions: Prolate spheroid
- Long circumference – 28 to 28 1/2 inches
- Short circumference – 21 to 21 1/4 inches
- Weight – 14 to 15 ounces
- Colors: Traditional red leather – the ball will be brown on game day after pre-game leather conditioning
- Retail Price: $125 plus shipping and handling
- Unique Features:
- “X-Tips”: painted Xs wrap both points of each football in white and the team’s primary color
- X-Pebble technology grip: exterior grip technology (patent-pending) to enhance ball feel and ball security
/ 2 days ago
Just yesterday the XFL unveiled designs for all eight of their inaugural teams’ jerseys....
/ 2 weeks ago
The NFL’s Detroit Lions tried to scoop up Los Angeles Wildcats quarterback Josh Johnson,...
/ 2 weeks ago
The XFL has officially unveiled their game balls ahead of the inaugural 2020 season,...